Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 14 Blog

I chose to read all of Joyce Fisk's blogs. She and I seem to have the same philosophy in our approach to teaching; and she is a stay-at-home mom, like me.



Technology is growing at such a rapid pace today. I can imagine the frustration that technology coordinators can have with 'those' teachers (as Joyce put it) that do not use technology in their classrooms. Their students suffer for it, in my opinion. Technology is essential and to not use it can make your class boring, very boring indeed. Students learn when their schoolwork and classes are exciting, informative, and interesting. Like Joyce, I am also eager to learn about new technologies and use them in my classroom.

There are many pros about blogs. I agree with Joyce. Having a class blog would hold your students to a whole new level of accountability. However, what about your students that do not have the internet? This is one of the cons. Some people have very limited access to the internet. Some students only have access at school. Another pro is that your students and parents would have easy access to information through your blog. No more asking "Do you have any homework today?" or "What are you doing at school? What are you learning?". You can just log on and go to your child's classroom blog and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment