Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 13 Blog

EDM 310 Podcasts

The first podcast I listened to was the one I did with Lynda Rigsby: "What I Learned from the 'The Last Lecture of Randy Pausch'". In this podcast, we discussed Randy's Last Lecture and the impact it had on our lives. We discussed his life's philosophies, his teaching techniques and his life experiences.

I felt that our podcast went pretty well. I do wish that Lynda and I had met and gone over our podcast more outside of class, but that's life. We had both gone over our individual parts over and over, so our podcast went a lot more smoothly and lasted longer than I expected.

The second podcast I listened to was "Pick of the Day: Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers" hosted by Briana Browder, Andrea Richards, and Kristen Younce. They discussed four different websites that they felt were very useful for elementary school teachers. ACCESS, Starfall, Scholastic, and Funbrain.

I really liked this podcast. It was informative and "flowed" well. You could tell they had gone over their podcast together, were prepared and knew their material.

The third podcast I listened to was "Can Facebook Be Used As An Educational Tool?" hosted by Samantha Mason, Kandis Dyess and Jessica Kiser. Their podcast was also good. It did have some pauses and you could tell they were reading. It didn't flow as well as the second podcast I listened to, but they knew their material and the podcast was informative.

The fourth podcast I listened to was "Pick of the Day: Source Materials for High School Teachers on the World Wide Web. " hosted by Anne Gardner and Kimberly Hinojosa. Their podcast wasn't as 'scripty' to me as the others and you could tell they really knew their material.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, but... your assignment was to listen to 4 podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, Good job on the blog. It was pretty wierd having everyone listen to our podcast. I thought we did a pretty good job.

    ReplyDelete