Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 6 Blog


Randy Pausch's Last Lecture




I just finished watching Randy Pausch's Last Lecture for perhaps the fifteenth time in my life. Wow! What an amazing man! And what a positive, uplifting message! One of my favorite quotes by Randy is: "We can't change the cards we're dealt, but the way we play the hand." I'm reminded of that almost daily. The fact that my son, Jonah, has Autism sucks. It sucks big time! But I can't change that. What I can change is how I play the cards that life has dealt me. I can choose to wallow in sorrow or to rejoice in Jonah's triumphs. I choose the latter.

Randy was an inspiration to his family and to millions around the globe. He has left a legacy of hope and joy behind him. He could've lived the remainder of his life as an 'Eeyore' and no one would've blamed him. But instead, he chose to live his life as a 'Tigger', boucing his way out of it with a smile... and no regrets.




2 comments:

  1. I agree, Jennifer. I think it is better for everyone in our lives when we are positive and happy.

    ReplyDelete