Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 3 blog

ACCESS stands for Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators and Students Statewide. It is a program by the Alabama Department of Education. ACCESS gives students opportunity to take advantage of courses, electives and acitivities that may not be offered at their school. The vision of ACCESS's vision statement is "The State of Alabama will provide equal access to high quality instruction to improve student achievment through distance learning opportunities." Courses are made available to students by the internet and through videoconferencing.

I'm looking forward to visiting one of the ACCESS sites. I wish this had been available when I was in school. The high school that I attended did not offer very many advanced courses. I'm glad that students have these technologies and services available to them today.

1 comment: