Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome Note

Hello and welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair and get comfy.

My name is Jennifer Lenox. I am a thirty-seven-year-old single mother of one child - a beautiful little boy named Jonah. Jonah is nine years old. He was diagnosed with moderate to severe Autism when he was three. Life at my house is never dull. Raising a child with Autism is tough, very tough, but it's also an adventure! Every day I learn something new from my little angel. You learn to appreciate the small things. Every word that they speak is like a jewel. I love yous are diamonds!

My major at South is Special Education. I want teach children like Jonah. It's my passion, where my heart is!

Jonah and I live in Fairhope, right on Fish River. You can walk out our front door, walk a few yards, and dive in! We love it here! My mother lives above us. I have an aunt that lives next door; another one a few doors down; and a grandfather on the same street. My mother is the eldest of six... five girls and one boy. They all live close by.

When it warms up, it's really a blast around here. My cousins (and there's a lot of them!) come over practically every weekend and we hit the water. I love swimming, kayaking and watching our kids swim and play. My favorite thing to do on a warm summer morning is to sit out on the front porch with a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up over the water.

I'm looking foward to getting to know everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Good start Jennifer. I still need your second post for this week.

    ReplyDelete